Monday, April 29, 2019

Hallelujah! Christ arose!

And here we are. Part three of catch-up. The end is near ;)

It was such an odd thing the few days after Palm Sunday.  It got warm and sunny.  It was just so strange to have flowers and snow. 

The magnolia blossoms survived. 

Nothing like playing in the snow in April

Aurelia is on the move. Nothing is safe any more. 
little stinker

Gideon was looking at this pictures I have hanging on our wall. I asked him who he thought the far right picture was. He said "...Carli....and Jake!" hehehe.
My parents, My mom's parents (Schlipf's), and Grandma and Grandpa Wyss

I spent the afternoon working on finishing Aurelia's dress.

her finished 6 mo./Easter outfit

Tuesday, the 16th, was a big day.  We went up to church sewing for a while. Gideon stayed there with my mom while I ran to the chiropractor.  Then we ran home, Gideon took a nap, and I did some last minute work on the dress. Once he was up, we went to the park to take Aurelia's 6 month pictures. 





The rest of the week was busy nothingness.  A dentist appointment, cleaning, making food etc. 

Girly loves flowers. I have to watch her or she'll eat them. 


chubby baby crawling


these two

Gideon and Aurelia...sometimes they are the cutest things in the world and sometimes... I bet every parent in the history of the world understands. Hehe.

Gideon is very attached to Grandma. And after seeing her nearly every day for a while, he was having withdrawals. I made the mistake of talking to her on the phone.  Gideon started begging and crying to "go see Grandma. Grandma come to Gideon's house."  After I told him no, he went out of the room for a while. Then I heard sniffling. I look out and Gideon is stark naked struggling to get a shirt over his head. "I'm just getting dressed to go see grandma." 
Oh, my bud.


Emily and Faire Coffee made another stop in Goodfield one day so I decided to treat Gideon to some more cocoa. "Let's go to find the trailer! and get Cocoa!"

very pleased we found the trailer

I of course got some coffee.
Perfect for a rainy day.

Gideon asked for pancakes one morning. I had a bit of fun:
unfortunately there is now no making round pancakes for him anymore...


Since missy has become mobile, she hates to sit still or be left out of the action.  That and she won't sit still any more. She's constantly trying to crawl or climb or pull herself up on something. Which means lots of falls and bumps.  So, she's been rather cranky and clingy. We pulled out the hiking carrier on afternoon to get the dishes done. 
It works for a while.

And, she's been getting in to everything...


We've done some more work in the garden.  
we need a sandbox 


helping daddy mow the lawn

garden planning draft 1

Gideon had a fever Thursday and Friday, so Nathan stayed home with him from church Good Friday.  Saturday he was back to normal.   Saturday evening we had Easter at Ron and Kary's.  Gideon picked out a shirt that just so happened to match Nathans and I unknowingly picked a shirt for Aurelia in the same color. So, I decided to be dorky and join them. :)

The kids played outside at Ron and Kary's.

Aurelia has a fan club. 
Kirk is a natural ;)

In the middle of the night, Saturday night, Aurelia had a fever.  If it were any other Sunday, we would have stayed home, no question. But, it was Easter.  We decided to just go, hang back, and stay away from other babies.  Hopefully, we didn't infect anyone. 
my two goofs

:)
pretty happy for having a fever

Happy Easter!

It's exhausting looking so cute

Since we were technically Wyss side this year and Aurelia was sick, we didn't seek out any Easter plans. Instead  we decided on a picnic a park.  We picked up some food and went to the river front. 



:)

Gideon had fun playing, Aurelia loved being outside, and we weren't obligated to stay any longer than the kids could handle. It was a nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon.


Gideon's new favorite songs are: He Arose and When the Roll is Called Up Yonder. The both have alternating/moving  parts and he loves trying to sing them like Nathan does. 

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus, my Savior,
Waiting the coming day,
Jesus, my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed,
Jesus, my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead,
Jesus, my Lord!

Death cannot keep his Prey,
Jesus, my Savior;
He tore the bars away,
Jesus, my Lord!

Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: