June began just like May ended. Back yard pool days and afternoon walks. I love this time of year.
My weedy but lovely garden
Gideon is frustrating. As I'm sure all 2 1/2 year-olds are. I tell him not to do something because he will hurt someone, something, or himself. That of course does not stop him. Inevitably I am right and the person or object gets hurt... sigh. One walk, Gideon though it was funny to crash his cart. I told him to stop because he would get hurt. Sure enough...
He hit his chin and bit his lip wide open
"There's red!"
One Sunday, Uncle Russel came to visit. It was so cool to see Grandpa, Andy, and Russel together again.
Grandpa, Andy, Russel
The Cactus-Killer strikes again...
she looks so smug.
June 2nd, we had a free Sunday afternoon so we went to Forest Park Nature Center and walked the trails.
the best family picture we could muster
It was a beautiful day for a walk in the woods
We had a picnic at the River Front park then.
They need a smaller size than small
This boy likes going to the bank
The stars aligned for the first time...or something. Since Aurelia can now sit up, and she was awake when we got to the grocery store, and they have double seater carts, Aurelia got to sit up next to Gideon.
Gideon was not impressed. He pouted through the whole store.
And, I took a picture. Poor kid.
I found a red wagon on Varage Sale!
Every child needs one of these.
Complete with rust. :)
We had another afternoon in the pool.
We have quite the set up.
Because I hate to see a good flower go to waste, I just picked them all.
the car needed 'gas'
she already wants to do anything Gideon does
our fern has baby birds!
the best way to eat watermelon
We made another visit to Faire coffee. And just so happened to run in to Lena and Jack.
hehe two boys and their 'coffee'
fields, lake, river, train....
He played with this for a good hour.
Aurelia loves to bang around on the piano :)
Friday, the 7th, we went to Roy's Lake. Lena, Jack, Lori, and Cliff were there too.
She enjoyed the water
boys in a boat
That evening they had the Sunday School Picnic. I'm so glad it was in June and not in July. It's always so hot and buggy and awful. Instead, it was a beautiful evening.
Saturday, Nathan and I started one of many projects. We are trying to build an entry bench/hooks situation. What we had was still from my college days.
We had to cage Aurelia in so we could work...hehehe
because as cute as this is, it's just not safe
eventually, the box will be hung higher as a shelf.
playing in the cubbies
Sunday afternoon, our potluck had a picnic at the park. The kids had fun playing on the playground. There are a lot of young kids in our potluck so, I don't feel like I got much conversation in, but that's ok.
Gideon was cooking....
The 12th, I got my lip tie revised. I've always had a gap between my teeth, unless I wore my retainers, because of my lip tie. At my last dentist appointment they told me that the tie was pulling on my gum so hard, it was starting to cause bone deterioration. So, I got the tie cut. It was a relatively quick procedure. My mouth hurt really bad for about a day after. It took a week before I was pain free.
Gideon got in to the dress up at the farm while I was at the dentist.
Very proud to be "brave Gideon"
Then, Aurelia got sick. She had diarrhea for a day, then puked all over me, and then spiked a pretty high fever. It never fails that we have plans and are left deciding what to do. It was Austin's wedding weekend. Thankfully, she seemed to be getting slightly better so, we risked it. We hurriedly packed up and left only an hour later then planned.
on the road
We stayed at Abby and Tylers. Saturday morning, we headed out to the zoo. Fort Wayne Zoo is a really good zoo.
very pleased.
Lion!
drums! :)
Giraffe!
It was chilly and rainy, which in my opinion is better than hot and muggy, so it was a pretty good day for the zoo. Gideon had a blast.
We ate lunch at Rita's and hung out until it was time to head to the wedding.
our table at the wedding
Austin and Brittany
Cousins!
Thankfully, the kids did good for a sitter back at Rita and Loren's.
Aurelia happily made messes
playing games after the wedding
Gideon and Wren
I even got to take some flowers home:)
Poor Nathan, Father's day kind of passed us by.
Happy Father's Day! :)
The next week was busy. A week of unpacking, cleaning, and packing up again.
Ready for the beach
(Kinetic sand is the best btw)
It poured here one day. There were so many puddles. I stopped all of the vacation prep and hauled Gideon outside. Every kid needs to go tromping through puddles.
:)
he got soaked
look what this stinker can do now.
Gideon helped me with the last minute cleaning. I like to leave a clean house to come home to.
such a good little helper. :)
Just in time for vacation. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment