I spent most of the 2nd and 3rd, cleaning the house and packing for vacation.
We left for vacation on the 4th.
We drove up to Coloma, Michigan and camped that night. I always loved camping as a kid. And while I know they won't remember it, they will have pictures to look back on. Hopefully, overtime I can instill the love of the great out doors in them.
According to the campground owner, it was 48 degrees when they woke up that morning.
It was cold. The kid's slept pretty well though, cuddled up with us. Gideon woke up at one point and said "the air is on too cold. My face is freezing!" I managed to not have covers the first half of the night and absolutely froze. I had forgotten to tell Nathan about the weather forecast and he hadn't packed any long sleeve shirts, or a jacket... poor guy.
I love camping.
Despite the cold, I think we all had a great camping experience. Which is saying something with two kids.
We packed up camp then and drove the rest of the way to Ludington. After we unloaded our stuff at our airbnb, we went out to the beach for a while. Then we got groceries and bought Nathan a jacket.
It cleared up a little after naps. So, we went to the State Park.
And, since I'm stubborn and we went on this vacation to be outdoors and hike, we decided to brave the weather and go anyway.
It actually wasn't bad. The hike was gorgeous and it didn't rain on us.
It's always warm enough for ice cream. So we stopped at the real House of Flavors and got some. :)
And, then because it was on the vacation bucket list, we walked to a light house. It was a little scary and unsafe since it was super windy and the waves were washing up on to the pier. But, I think we all enjoyed it. Gideon was a little unsure about getting splashed, but he thought the lighthouse was cool.
After supper, we drove back to the beach. We let the kids play and get thoroughly dirty. And then at 7:00, the Badger car ferry came in to dock!
We left for vacation on the 4th.
We drove up to Coloma, Michigan and camped that night. I always loved camping as a kid. And while I know they won't remember it, they will have pictures to look back on. Hopefully, overtime I can instill the love of the great out doors in them.
I got them matching camping shirts :) hehe
setting up camp
Going exploring
our little camp site
bed time....
:):)
I just love this.
When I booked this trip, I figured the first week of September would be still pretty hot and summery. I pictured us camping by a lake one night, and then swimming at the beaches in Ludington the rest. I had been checking the weather the week before and knew that sadly, it would be chilly. I did not expect how cold it would be that first night of camping. According to the campground owner, it was 48 degrees when they woke up that morning.
It was cold. The kid's slept pretty well though, cuddled up with us. Gideon woke up at one point and said "the air is on too cold. My face is freezing!" I managed to not have covers the first half of the night and absolutely froze. I had forgotten to tell Nathan about the weather forecast and he hadn't packed any long sleeve shirts, or a jacket... poor guy.
Early morning sunrise
I love camping.
Despite the cold, I think we all had a great camping experience. Which is saying something with two kids.
We packed up camp then and drove the rest of the way to Ludington. After we unloaded our stuff at our airbnb, we went out to the beach for a while. Then we got groceries and bought Nathan a jacket.
cute little airbnb
running down the dunes
:)
The next day was cold and rainy. Thankfully, there is an awesome children's museum in town.
doing the grocery shopping
The cutest little piano
hehe
worker guy
huge light bright
bubble area
We found a bakery and grabbed some amazingly huge doughnuts...
very pleased
It cleared up a little after naps. So, we went to the State Park.
checking out the dam
And, since I'm stubborn and we went on this vacation to be outdoors and hike, we decided to brave the weather and go anyway.
It actually wasn't bad. The hike was gorgeous and it didn't rain on us.
the path around Lost Lake
Day 4 of vacation didn't give us a break with the weather. It was just as cold and rainy. So, back to the Children's museum.
more shopping
ice cream shop
The hospital. Aurelia loved the babies.
Gideon was a Doctor and had to listen to everyone.
It's always warm enough for ice cream. So we stopped at the real House of Flavors and got some. :)
then back to the park
We went out to supper at Jamesport Brewery. Surprisingly, it went pretty well with two kids along.
My fantastic gyro.
Gideon chose fish. Still not sure why... but he ate it and liked it!
:)
After supper, we drove back to the beach. We let the kids play and get thoroughly dirty. And then at 7:00, the Badger car ferry came in to dock!
:)
Our last day of vacation, was pretty much like the rest. Chilly and grey.
already to go
back to the dunes
Nathan and Gideon heading off to run down the dunes
back at the beach
chasing a seagull
We had a picnic on the beach and then packed up and headed home. We all had a wonderful time. It was so nice to get away as a family and have fun with the kids.
*more catch up blogs to come*
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment