Another month has flown by. And, boy has it been full.
We ended August with a pretty busy week.
We went to the farm to feed fish and water plants since my parents were on vacation.
Nathan and I went out to eat with his parents on evening.
We went to the Zoo with Aunt Cynthia and the Braker cousins.
Lori watched the kids so that I could go in to work one morning. We stopped at the coffee camper on the way and took her some coffee. That was definitely a highlight. :)
Aurelia has discovered that toilets flush. Which is not a good thing.
Grandpa and Grandma sent postcards to the kids.
On the 31st, we went to the Braker reunion.
On the 1st, we went to a cook out at Matt and Lena's.
A few more crazy kid moments:
And then Aurelia scared us to death... and we ended up in the ER. Again.
I was working on packing for vacation and had Gideon playing with play dough at the counter. I was trying to figure out how a lantern worked on the counter too and Aurelia was screaming at my feet... So, I set her on the counter. I made sure that there was something on the opposite edge to keep her away from that edge, I was on one side, and Gideon was on the other. Safe, right? Nope, I just turned my back for a second and heard the thud.
It was awful. She was laying on the floor, eyes wide open. Not crying but also not really breathing. I picked her up and ran into the living room. She started shaking and going stiff and gasping for breath. Then she closed her eyes and passed out for a few seconds. She came too and started screaming uncontrollably for about ten minutes then. She couldn't keep her eyes open and eventually went to sleep again. At some point in there, after the first awful 30 seconds to a minute, we decided to call the doctor. They said we could just take her in to the ER.
So, since my parents are out of town. I made a quick call to Lori. She met us at the ER in Eureka. Kandace waited out in the van with Gideon and Lori kindly came in with us for moral support.
Of course little Aurelia was nearly back to her self, maybe only a bit subdued, by that point so we were a bit more relaxed.
*more catch up blogs to come*
In Christ
~Michelle
We ended August with a pretty busy week.
We went to the farm to feed fish and water plants since my parents were on vacation.
Nathan and I went out to eat with his parents on evening.
We went to the Zoo with Aunt Cynthia and the Braker cousins.
Gideon, Avery, Aurelia, Eva, Isaiah
Aurelia LOVED the animals
Aunt Cynthia bought them both stuffed animals
She loves it
Lori watched the kids so that I could go in to work one morning. We stopped at the coffee camper on the way and took her some coffee. That was definitely a highlight. :)
Aurelia has discovered that toilets flush. Which is not a good thing.
sigh.
She thinks sun glasses are hilarious
:) I love trampolines
Why is it, that this is so stressful?? hahaha
I want to let him help but it takes so much restraint on my part.
Aurelia turned 11 months. It's killing me how fast she's growing up.
hehehe
beep
she is going to give us a run for our money.
Grandpa and Grandma sent postcards to the kids.
kitties!!!!!!
Gideon enjoys mail
On the 31st, we went to the Braker reunion.
The best picture I have of all of the siblings
Lois, Betty, Jane, Glen, Don, Jim, Morris, Marvin standing.
Luke, Nathan's 1st cousin once removed, is 6' 4". He's in high school.
Aurelia is short. Even for her age.
On the 1st, we went to a cook out at Matt and Lena's.
so many boys
smores
We also got word that Jake and Rachel had their baby!
Liezel Fae
Aurelia likes to run around au naturale after baths...
:)
And then Aurelia scared us to death... and we ended up in the ER. Again.
I was working on packing for vacation and had Gideon playing with play dough at the counter. I was trying to figure out how a lantern worked on the counter too and Aurelia was screaming at my feet... So, I set her on the counter. I made sure that there was something on the opposite edge to keep her away from that edge, I was on one side, and Gideon was on the other. Safe, right? Nope, I just turned my back for a second and heard the thud.
It was awful. She was laying on the floor, eyes wide open. Not crying but also not really breathing. I picked her up and ran into the living room. She started shaking and going stiff and gasping for breath. Then she closed her eyes and passed out for a few seconds. She came too and started screaming uncontrollably for about ten minutes then. She couldn't keep her eyes open and eventually went to sleep again. At some point in there, after the first awful 30 seconds to a minute, we decided to call the doctor. They said we could just take her in to the ER.
So, since my parents are out of town. I made a quick call to Lori. She met us at the ER in Eureka. Kandace waited out in the van with Gideon and Lori kindly came in with us for moral support.
Of course little Aurelia was nearly back to her self, maybe only a bit subdued, by that point so we were a bit more relaxed.
getting to drink water on the doctor's order
:) waiting on the doctor to come back.
Lori took Gideon back to her house. The doctor monitored Aurelia for a while before we were discharged.
It was a pretty late night before we got everyone home and calmed down.
*more catch up blogs to come*
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment