Sunday, September 22, 2019

hit the ground running (catch up part 3)

*this is part three, so if you haven't, go back and read 1 and 2 first*

The past two weeks since we got home from vacation have been pretty much all hands on deck. 

There is always so much laundry, clean up, unpacking, reorganizing, and putting away after a vacation.  Between that, regular cleaning, and all the other craziness right now, we had a busy week. 

My garden is still producing. Though, I have kind of forgotten about it. 
but, look at this gorgeous produce!

These kids. 
One minute I can be so frustrated because he's spinning her in circles. 
And the next they are doing this... 

When you need to make muffins but also need to watch both kids...
Gideon loves to help bake which adds to the stress and chaos.
But, maybe one day he'll still enjoy it and be making me things to eat.:)

It rained here one day.  The kids were sick of being cooped up so I let them run down the sidewalk in the rain. They thought it was the best thing ever. 


And then it cleared up with enough time to have one last splash in the pool


We went to Bible study/our young moms group one morning. The topic was contentment. It was incredibly timely for this season we are in right now. 

Friday I went in to work and then met Jenny and the girls, my mom, and Lena and kids at the park for lunch. 






trying to fit everyone on the slide

It was a fun way to spend the early afternoon. Then we hurried on home. Got the kids down for a late nap. 

Nathan got home from work, cleaned up, packed and left for a weekend wedding. His friends Kaleb and Marissa got married.  I dropped the kids off at my parent's and then met Nathan at the rehearsal dinner. 

Nathan spent the night with the groomsmen. Saturday afternoon, Kayla came over to watch the kids while I went to the wedding. 

he looked pretty good in his tux


The wedding went late. I was starting to feel sick so I came home early. Poor Nathan stayed the whole time. 

Sunday was a busy day. And I was getting pretty miserably sick by then. 

 I started to feel a bit better by Tuesday so we headed out to Walmart. 

They need bigger carts

Tuesday afternoon I tackled a kitchen project with the help of my aunt Di. She's great at purging things and knowing what looks nice.

Wednesday,  was a cleaning day and then church pizza and Bible study night in the evening. 
little miss crazy hair


Me: you know, if you picked up your toys, you could actually drive your cars on your mat.
Gideon: (rapidly driving his car through the mess "see. I CAN drive on the roads"
sigh

I came rushing in to see what disaster they we creating...
they we reading a book together!!!!!

Aurelia got her own little cup of water

Thursday, I picked up coffee and then decided my migraine was too bad to keep going to Menard's. So, I crashed at the farm so my mom could deal with the kids. 

I made it out that afternoon and finally bought mums for my porch. 

That evening while Nathan was mowing, I got the back patio cleaned off. Sadly, I didn't realize how bad the bugs we. Poor poor Aurelia got eaten alive. 
:( :(

all over her face too

Friday, I went to work in the morning and pretty much crashed in the afternoon.

Saturday, Mom, Jenny, Pearl and I went out to Rachel's baby shower. 
These girls slept the whole way

Aunt Pearl and baby Liezel

Jakey is a good dad

For fun the other night, I pulled out a bunch of glow sticks and threw them around the room. It kept the kids occupied for almost an hour. 



Today was church. The kids looked extra cute so we took their picture.

:)

And then Aurelia and Adelaide matched!


Maybe it doesn't seem that busy, but it is.  I'm trying to take one day at a time these days. Yet that is hard when you also need to plan ahead.  

But, that's it. That's where we are. Trying to keep up with all of our plans, projects, and our crazy kids. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: