Wow. Its been a whole year already.
I have been so blessed over the past year. God got me through my first year of SW and continues to open doors for me. I have so much to be thankful for. Over the past year my eyes have been opened, yet again, to how much I have been given.
There have, of course, been ups and downs...but last year was amazing.
I finished my first year at ICC, went to the BWCA, took a trip to California, and started a blog :). I also began sponsoring an 18 year old girl in India through Compassion. Her name is Revathy and she is amazing to write to.
Anyway...life is great. To begin 2011 I'm taking a week long trip to Florida! I'm super excited :).
I worked until 8 tonight. The residents at the home go to bed early so Laverna and I made party hats and counted down to 7:05. Then, we shouted 'happy New Year's' and rang bells. Needless to say we got funny looks from families. Oh, well. Laverna had fun.
We had the yg in tonight. Following tradition, we sang in the new year. It wasn't the best turn out but it was a great night anyway.
A lot can happen in a year. :) ... I can't wait to see. Good or bad God is in control. It will be a beautiful year no matter what.
Happy New Year! It's 2011!
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
I just found out at Christmas about your blog! Enjoyed the past month or so this am.
It is snowing. Ned is cleaning church and Scott is on his way to airport for Minneapolis for work seminar? Ned plans to go back to Wichita to play this week. He and accompanist head to Ark. on Sat. for a competition. He took his violin to FL but he hasn't played much so may not be too good. It is so hard to balance the demands of what he is in with family and church activities.
Wished we could have seen you in FL. We had a great time.
Love,
A. Karen
Post a Comment