Last week seemed like a wild and crazy ride.
A large percentage of the U of I young group (mostly girls) were struck down with the flu. I thankfully avoided it, so far.
Monday night's girls Bible study was canceled due to the extremely low number of healthy girls. But, I wasn't bored. Homework has taken care of my boredom.
Tuesday, I got out of class at 5:00 and at 7:30 we recorded songs for the Sunday school kids to practice with for the Easter program.
I also started volunteering at a local grade school. I help some of the second graders with math. It's a lot of fun but it take up most of the free time I have during the day. Pretty much it goes like this:
me: what does it say?
kid: 2...
me: .....plus. what's this number?
kid: ...3.....
me: equals...
kid: (blank stare) What's your name?
me: Michelle. ....You have two beans in the pot. You put three more in how many do you have?
kid: 1..2...3...4...5...6
me: count again.
kid: 1,2,3,4,5
me: good job! so...
kid: Did you know I pick my boogers at home?
Those kids are wild and absolutely adorable. :)
On Thursday after class I drove back to Eureka for Katie's Personal shower. It was a blast. As usual, I haven't seen a lot of those girls in a long time. We had a lot of fun but I had to leave early and head back to Champaign. I stopped by the house on the way back to pick up a few things and I was on my way. An hour and a half on the road, three hours at the shower, ten minutes back home, and an hour and a half drive followed by a night of homework.
Friday, I was in class most of the day. At four we loaded up and a group of us from U of I headed up to Minnesota.
And, here comes another week.
In Christ
~Michelle
A large percentage of the U of I young group (mostly girls) were struck down with the flu. I thankfully avoided it, so far.
Monday night's girls Bible study was canceled due to the extremely low number of healthy girls. But, I wasn't bored. Homework has taken care of my boredom.
Tuesday, I got out of class at 5:00 and at 7:30 we recorded songs for the Sunday school kids to practice with for the Easter program.
I also started volunteering at a local grade school. I help some of the second graders with math. It's a lot of fun but it take up most of the free time I have during the day. Pretty much it goes like this:
me: what does it say?
kid: 2...
me: .....plus. what's this number?
kid: ...3.....
me: equals...
kid: (blank stare) What's your name?
me: Michelle. ....You have two beans in the pot. You put three more in how many do you have?
kid: 1..2...3...4...5...6
me: count again.
kid: 1,2,3,4,5
me: good job! so...
kid: Did you know I pick my boogers at home?
Those kids are wild and absolutely adorable. :)
On Thursday after class I drove back to Eureka for Katie's Personal shower. It was a blast. As usual, I haven't seen a lot of those girls in a long time. We had a lot of fun but I had to leave early and head back to Champaign. I stopped by the house on the way back to pick up a few things and I was on my way. An hour and a half on the road, three hours at the shower, ten minutes back home, and an hour and a half drive followed by a night of homework.
Friday, I was in class most of the day. At four we loaded up and a group of us from U of I headed up to Minnesota.
And, here comes another week.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment