This past weekend I was in Oakville. Kaylyn had invited us girls out long ago and after much anguish I decided to skip parent appreciation at U of I (yikes) and go to Oakville. It turns out that my parents got sick anyway and they wouldn't have been there for me to appreciate them.
We rode out with Layne, Adam, Seth, and Nathaniel on Saturday. KatieandReilly and Kaylyn were there and they took us to the local mall for a while.
For supper we went to Hachi. It's a Mongolian stir fry restaurant, similar to Flat Top. The food was really good.
Me and Kaylyn
After supper we cleaned up and went to a singing. Brooke was there. :) She had her man with her but we didn't feel like braving the crowd to go meet him.
We went back to Kaylyn's house a played games with her family and her cousins until really late. I felt so bad for her parents. Pit is probably not the smartest game to play at midnight. :)
Sunday we were fed a wonderful breakfast and headed off to church. We finally met Cory and got to see him and Brooke together. So cute. And, I saw a ton of people who knew me or someone else I am related to. Its always a bit overwhelming to have to take all of those greetings back home.
Kendra, Wendi, Kaylyn, me
After church we took naps. :)
On the way to supper we drove past the new church building. It is going to be nice.
Supper was at the Wagenbach's. They raise puppies and we got to see them all. They were cute but I definitely like big dogs better.
The food was wonderful, as usual and it was followed by a taffy pull. I got to taste strawberry taffy for the first time. I think I like vanilla better. The taffy didn't pull the best but I've decided that it is almost more fun when it doesn't go well. People slipping and sliding all over, grabbing for the pieces that are about to fall on the floor, watching four guys struggling together to pull their chunk of taffy... :)
pull! :)
It was a great weekend and I made it home in decent time. I made it to the apartment late that night to find out that our furnace was broken. Thank goodness it is fixed now but it was extremely cold that night.
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
Cecily is still brokenhearted that you were too busy to see her on Friday.
awwww. I'll be home this weekend can she come see me on saturday?
Post a Comment