Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Minnesota

The U of I yg was invited up to Minneapolis for the weekend. We left Friday afternoon and drove late into the night. We arrived at the Dill's around 1:00am.


Saturday the fun began.
A bunch of other people joined us including Lena, who I went to the BWCA with and her sisters, and Susie K. who I knew from Christmas cards. It was a lot of fun to spend time with them.
The Dill's showed us around Minneapolis and took us to the Mill City Museum. It's a museum about the flour industry. Sounds boring but, actually it was really interesting. (I know, us nerds from U of I :) )
We walked around by the river a bit and took a driving tour of St. Paul.



Flour Factory/Museum

cool view from the factory


That afternoon we played some ice hockey on the pond. Supper was at the Mogler's. We sang and played games for a while.

Hockey!!!

A group of us went back out to play more hockey until it got too late. We had to stop when we couldn't see the puck anymore.  I fell a lot and I have many bruises to show for it. Skating extremely fast in the dark in the freezing cold is exhilarating. :)
After hockey, we headed back to the Mogler's and played dutch blitz for a really long time.


Let's just say we didn't get much sleep.


Sunday, we dragged ourselves out of bed and went to church in Minneapolis. We left pretty much right after church.


The main group we spent the weekend with.
(Back row: Ben, Reid, Sarah, Micah M, Micah Z, Matt, Tristen, Ben, Nathan.
Front row: Heather, Laura, Suzie, Emily, me, Claire, Lena)
 I love road trips. So many great conversations and absolutely hilarious moments.


It was good to get back even though I had a ton to do still. But,  I managed to finish my homework before 2:00am :)
The sign of a great weekend.


In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Lena said...

So... Heather later admitted that she was the one who put "communism" and "spray foam insulation" into the pile for the noun game. :) Just in case you were wondering...

Heather Steiner said...

Sure was a great weekend :) I enjoyed getting to know you better. And in my defense, w/o some "interesting" nouns, the game may have gotten boring!!