Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Fourth


Happy Independence Day!

Tonight Bob, Jenny, and Cecily came over for supper and then we watched fireworks at Ron and Kary’s. I love fireworks but, as I get older they aren’t as exciting as I remember them being.
Little miss is the center of attention


Beautiful firework






Cecily is excited!


This week has been ridiculously hot. Just look at the forecast in the newspaper. Instead of clouds or a sun, it says HOT. We are in the dead of summer. 

I’ve been walking beans in the morning and watering pigs in the afternoon.  Carli and I finally finished one bean field.  It was so hot, sweaty, and miserable. (It builds character though! Right?) This year was the first year I’ve walked beans and wasn’t soaked from the waist down in dew and aphid juice. So, I guess that’s a plus.

Monday evening a group of us went mini-golfing.  Once again, I’m really challenged at mini-golf but, I didn’t lose.
Kristin

when you hit your ball in the water...


the group


me and kendra

Kendra, Kristin and I hung out at Kendra’s afterword. A storm was rolling in and it was so beautiful out with the lightning in the distance and a full moon. 
beautiful stormy clouds


sitting on the porch watching the storm :)

Despite the heat, this is what summer was meant to be. :)

In Christ
Michelle

No comments: