Well, I've been back at school for a week now. I started my internship on Monday and I think I'm going to love it. I intern 32 hours a week, Monday through Thursday and I only have one class on Fridays.
After just one week I love it. The Hope Center has a food pantry, serves meals, gives out health and hygiene products, and hosts financial, job, and health classes. They are run by a church and everything is focused on Christ.
They have a completely different perspective than most social services these days. They don't like giving free hand outs. If you help people too much you're actually hurting them. Their main idea is once they have found a client's need they match them up with someone from the church that has the ability to fulfill that need. For example, if one of the clients were having legal problems, they would match them with a lawyer from their church.
I am so thankful and blessed to have gotten this internship. I am so excited for this semester.
In Christ
~Michelle
They have a completely different perspective than most social services these days. They don't like giving free hand outs. If you help people too much you're actually hurting them. Their main idea is once they have found a client's need they match them up with someone from the church that has the ability to fulfill that need. For example, if one of the clients were having legal problems, they would match them with a lawyer from their church.
I am so thankful and blessed to have gotten this internship. I am so excited for this semester.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment