Not much has been going on lately.
This was a really light week for my internship. Things are going really well there though there have been a few awkward moments.
As a Christian organization, they do a lot of praying. Which is great. But, they don't pray like I'm used to. Apparently, closing your eyes and bowing your head/ kneeling is old school. They stand, sway, hold hands or raise their arms, eyes open, multiple people pray, and everyone throws in a few "yes, Jesus's." If someone is in need of direct prayer. They stand in a circle around them and hold out their arms towards them.
Now maybe this is more common than I thought, but it was the first time I've seen anything like it in the States.
It's a little eye opening for this stiff little AC girl. ;)
And, you know me. Sometimes it's hard not to giggle.
I think there is something in the water at this apartment. For some reason we all have been incredibly hyper. Events of the week:
This was a really light week for my internship. Things are going really well there though there have been a few awkward moments.
As a Christian organization, they do a lot of praying. Which is great. But, they don't pray like I'm used to. Apparently, closing your eyes and bowing your head/ kneeling is old school. They stand, sway, hold hands or raise their arms, eyes open, multiple people pray, and everyone throws in a few "yes, Jesus's." If someone is in need of direct prayer. They stand in a circle around them and hold out their arms towards them.
Now maybe this is more common than I thought, but it was the first time I've seen anything like it in the States.
It's a little eye opening for this stiff little AC girl. ;)
And, you know me. Sometimes it's hard not to giggle.
I think there is something in the water at this apartment. For some reason we all have been incredibly hyper. Events of the week:
- singing Disney songs at the top of our lungs
- Hakuna Matata :)
- learning how to tie a tie from a YouTube video
- baking a batch of cookies because Sarah told me to
- Sarah baking more cookies because we ate all of mine
- bursting into laughter for no apparent reason
- actually, we were laughing at a roommate who shall remain nameless
- she was singing to herself
It was a good week. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment