Instead of leaving for home right after class on Friday like I normally do I stayed down in Champaign for the Parent and Church Appreciation supper.
Saturday, Ned and Karen came to U of I for an audition. We went out to lunch at Panera and then walked around campus a bit. Ned had never seen the quad, so of course I had to show him.
I went over to church around 1:30 to lay the chicken out. Katie, Tiera, and Cournty came a little later to help bread and cook the chicken. While the chicken was in the oven we made another pan of dessert and potatoes.
When the rest of the yg group got there they all pitched in, setting the tables and decorating them with text books, filling water, and cleaning up our cooking mess.
The evening went really well. We had plenty of food (though, I admit, we did run out of ranch dressing and butter). After supper, we had a singing. Most of my time was spent in the kitchen cleaning up and cutting dessert. While everyone was eating their dessert we watched a slide show of the yg. It was quite humorous and a few people (including myself) were embarrassed.
It was a really great evening. I hope all of the parents and church family feel appreciated. Because they should. :)
Only about 80 of the 100 people that RSVPed came so we had tons of chicken and potatoes left over. I had the wonderful job of convincing people to take leftovers home. It actually wasn't hard. Remember, we are poor college students who primarily eat pasta. The hard part was figuring out who all the dishes belonged to.
Rebecca D. was down to visit Phil so, she spent the night here at the Upper Room. We stayed up late chatting and stickynoting Katie's room.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day in church with no plans in the evening. Laura, Sarah and I just hung out around the apartment and made a late night run to McDonald's to satisfy out french fry cravings. :) Good times.
In Christ
~Michelle
Saturday, Ned and Karen came to U of I for an audition. We went out to lunch at Panera and then walked around campus a bit. Ned had never seen the quad, so of course I had to show him.
I went over to church around 1:30 to lay the chicken out. Katie, Tiera, and Cournty came a little later to help bread and cook the chicken. While the chicken was in the oven we made another pan of dessert and potatoes.
When the rest of the yg group got there they all pitched in, setting the tables and decorating them with text books, filling water, and cleaning up our cooking mess.
The evening went really well. We had plenty of food (though, I admit, we did run out of ranch dressing and butter). After supper, we had a singing. Most of my time was spent in the kitchen cleaning up and cutting dessert. While everyone was eating their dessert we watched a slide show of the yg. It was quite humorous and a few people (including myself) were embarrassed.
It was a really great evening. I hope all of the parents and church family feel appreciated. Because they should. :)
Only about 80 of the 100 people that RSVPed came so we had tons of chicken and potatoes left over. I had the wonderful job of convincing people to take leftovers home. It actually wasn't hard. Remember, we are poor college students who primarily eat pasta. The hard part was figuring out who all the dishes belonged to.
Rebecca D. was down to visit Phil so, she spent the night here at the Upper Room. We stayed up late chatting and stickynoting Katie's room.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day in church with no plans in the evening. Laura, Sarah and I just hung out around the apartment and made a late night run to McDonald's to satisfy out french fry cravings. :) Good times.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment