Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nursing Home Singings

About every Tuesday night the yg has the opportunity to sing at a local nursing home. It's always a blessing for us and for them. They are so appreciative and enthusiastic. I love going. 
It never fails that something funny happens or is said at a nursing home. 

Tonight a lady asked one of us girls "is that a tattoo on your foot?"  Nope. just a shoe. 
There is an older man that has a monocle. He actually wears a monocle! I was really excited when I saw him. :)
The other week two older women, who were attempting to whisper, were talking about how I must be Rachel's twin(she was standing beside me). She has dark hair, I don't. She has brown eyes, mine are green. And, I'm slightly taller. ...not sure what made them think we were twins. :)

But, I think by far, the best happened last week. We had all just arrived and were standing in groups. Gender segregated of course. And one of the older women laughed loudly "It looks like you're at a junior high dance. Come on guys get closer." :D hahahah!

You never have to wonder what they are thinking. 

love it. 

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Grant and Hannah Herrmann said...

hilarious. brings back memories of ISU NH singings - they're all the same. thanks for giving us a good laugh tonight! hannah

Brittany F said...

Haha, love it, Michelle! I hear ya -- as a CNA and frequent nursing-home-singing-goer myself, I definitely appreciate your comments. The elderly residents I've come to love can certainly be counted on to come up with some real good ones. :)