Yes, I'm still alive. Awake? That's another subject.
Two weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Champaign. I got to experience their Sunday school picnic and spend some much needed time around the apartment. That Wednesday night I went to another picnic with the Champaign church and then Nathan and I headed back to central Illinois.
Thursday, the 4th, we picnicked with the Wyss family and then went to fireworks.
I love fireworks.
Friday, the 5th, I laid out in the morning, with plans to get great things accomplished in the afternoon. ha. Emily V. and Katy K. invited me to go swimming, so, after vacuuming out my car, I headed to the pool. :)
I got home, packed for the weekend, and headed off to my personal shower. :)
It was great. Despite the fact that I was extremely tired and sun-burnt, I really had a good time.
Yes. It was awkward. But, personal showers are awkward by their nature. :)
It was so much fun to see all my friends again. :)
Before we left on Sunday, someone mentioned to me that my tire was looking flat. So, we filled it at a gas station and went on our merry way. About two hours down the road something began sounding funny. there was a loud roar and occasionally it sounded as if something was being flung around the tire.
We pulled over to find that my front tire was nearly shredded.
Two weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Champaign. I got to experience their Sunday school picnic and spend some much needed time around the apartment. That Wednesday night I went to another picnic with the Champaign church and then Nathan and I headed back to central Illinois.
Thursday, the 4th, we picnicked with the Wyss family and then went to fireworks.
I love fireworks.
sparkly :)
These "weeping willow" ones are my favorite.
I love when you can see the smoke from old ones.
finale
:)
I got home, packed for the weekend, and headed off to my personal shower. :)
It was great. Despite the fact that I was extremely tired and sun-burnt, I really had a good time.
Yes. It was awkward. But, personal showers are awkward by their nature. :)
It was so much fun to see all my friends again. :)
all the girls :)
the core-4 from the 'good old days' :)
The party ended at 10:00 because, Michelle is crazy. :)
After the personal shower, I drove home finished packing, drove to Champaign, met up with Laura, Katie, and Ashley, and at 12:30am we were on the road headed for Athens, Alabama. :)
The U of I yg, the sane ones leaving during the day on Friday, went to Athens to visit Susan. The late night crew arrived at 7:30am and slept through most of the morning's activities. But, it was yet another great weekend, despite exhaustion- which I am becoming quite accustomed to.
tehe. Metropolis gas station at 4:00 in the morning. :)
sleeping arrangements
Tennessee Fellowship Center
We pulled over to find that my front tire was nearly shredded.
Nathan working away :)
all the observers :)
Order of events: Tire comes off, spare tire goes on, spare tire flat, spare tire comes off, main tire is taken to walmart, waiting for walmart tire, spare tire filled, drive to walmart, shiny new tire gets put on car, drive away happily into the sunset. Actually, to Sonic where we ate supper before getting back on the road. :)
With the one and a half hour pit stop and a traffic jam our trip took three hours longer then planned and we arrived in Champaign around 11:00.
Monday I went back to my internship.
Tuesday, I left my internship early drove home, changed clothes, and drove to Princeville for a shower. I drove back to Champaign after the shower.
Wednesday, was my last day of internship. I'm going to miss it. I loved the work I was doing. I got back to my apartment packed up all of my things and drove back home.
I am now fully moved out of the Upper Room. And, this house is a mess. We still don't have a place to live so, everything is piled up all over the house.
Thursday, I babysat all day long, got home around 6:15, showered, changed, and made it to the Wyss family shower by 7:00.
And, it's not over yet. Four showers down. Two to go.
Whoever says engagement is a wonderful time, is crazy. hehe :) I think it's just plain exhausting. :)
Oh, and, thanks to BBB who will not let me forget, the countdown has begun. Three more weeks. Eek.
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
good grief that's a lot of showers! Where are you putting all your gifts at??
Emily
yup. It's all in my living room.
Post a Comment