Tuesday, August 13, 2013

the wedding weekend

Well, we're married, and we're back from our honeymoon. 

The wedding weekend of craziness started on Friday.  Nathan and I took some of our wedding pictures at Luthy Botanical Gardens in Peoria.  I think they turned out really well and they go with my garden-y theme. :)


:) yay for conservatories

Friday evening we went over to the fellowship hall to eat pizza and start setting up.  The family showed up in full force- Ed and Peggy even came. :)



 Saturday morning, early the entire wedding party headed over to Glen Oak park for pictures. Here are some of the snap shots from my camera:
despite the fact that eyes aren't open, some aren't looking at the camera, 
and strange facial expressions...I kinda like this picture. :)

little miss and her adorable pink dress :)

the bridesmaids  :) 

love.this.picture.

hanging around

the guys hanging around


groomsmen 

sisters...dare I say friends.

almost done :)

So, after pictures we had a few hours to kill. I went over to the fellowship hall again and helped put flowers around. 
I had so much fun. 
Eee. I love flowers :)

bell jars

lanterns :)


:)

pictures of parents and grandparents
and for the record- I had this idea before pinterest

Eee :)

Later that afternoon we went to the rehearsal. I barely made it down the aisle the first time, I was laughing so hard.  But, I managed to hold it together and we were able to do it successfully the second time. 

And then we headed off to the rehearsal dinner.  There was great food, great people, and really sweet things said. 
core-4 once again :)

...and spouses 

And then, the big day. 
Sunday, we got married. :)

Sunday morning, at church, I realized that I had locked my dress in a room at the condos, I had left the keys to that room at home, and we had locked our house.  Thankfully, Paul was willing to drive to our house, break in, and bring the keys back.  I didn't hear much of the morning service at all until I had those keys in my hand. 
The relief I got when I had them, lasted me the rest of the day, and I never really did get nervous about the wedding.  While we were changing at the condos, my bridesmaids were the ones getting nervous. :)

I walked down the aisle without laughing, listened to the service, stood and kneeled at the proper times, and walked out of church...married. 

Everyone always asks how it feels to be married. It doesn't. There was no great change, no emotional happening, no burst of colors...suddenly we were married.  Oh, I'm happy. :) But, I haven't changed. I've just taken another step in life, and my brain is still adjusting to the fact that I'm married. Weird.  That's how it feels to be married. :)

Surprisingly, I was able to enjoy my reception nearly all the way til the end. :) 


friends :)

I loved being able to see everyone who came. But, I got tired of smiling, of hearing the same stock phrases, having people constantly taking my picture, and standing.  By the end I wanted to eat and leave...sigh. I tried to remain pleasant and patient but there are only so many nice ways to say "we're leaving" before you actually say "we're leaving."
tehe. anyway...

Jenny snuck me a water gun because one of my cousins had brought his.  So when we walked out the door I was prepared :)
Thank you Jenny :) tehe

look familiar? 
it should: 
It must be a Wyss thing or something :)

Well, once again thanks to Jenny, my car was decorated beautifully. But, we did leave a trail of sticky notes all the way back to Eureka. 

So, we are now officially wed. :)
And, we feel incredibly blessed by the number of friends and family who came. God has given us an amazing support system. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Lena said...

yay! you may dare. :)