Last weekend, the entire Wyss clan descended to record a CD for my Grandparents.
My grandpa has always loved when either his kids or his grand-kids would sing. So, for a surprise this Christmas we recorded a CD. We had to tell them about it before hand though, because of all the out of town family that was here for the weekend.
Nathan and I kept our first overnight guests- Scott and Joy. They were great guests and we had a lot of fun with them.
We recorded Friday evening and most of Saturday.
It was a lot of fun and a really great way to spend time with cousins, singing praises to God. :) It's been a while since I've sung for any other purpose than church or young group. I got to sing some of the high stuff, eek. :) Which, I thought was great fun, but who knows how it sounded. :) My voice was definitely shot by the end of Saturday, though.
We didn't sound very professional, but I think it fulfilled it's purpose. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have grown up in this family.
In Christ
~Michelle
My grandpa has always loved when either his kids or his grand-kids would sing. So, for a surprise this Christmas we recorded a CD. We had to tell them about it before hand though, because of all the out of town family that was here for the weekend.
Nathan and I kept our first overnight guests- Scott and Joy. They were great guests and we had a lot of fun with them.
We recorded Friday evening and most of Saturday.
the studio
the cousins recording
trent and kray goofing off
the end of the day... Ned playing violin and men sleeping on the couch.
It was a lot of fun and a really great way to spend time with cousins, singing praises to God. :) It's been a while since I've sung for any other purpose than church or young group. I got to sing some of the high stuff, eek. :) Which, I thought was great fun, but who knows how it sounded. :) My voice was definitely shot by the end of Saturday, though.
We didn't sound very professional, but I think it fulfilled it's purpose. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have grown up in this family.
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
Yes, we are blessed. We have a precious heritage and a lot of wisdom with Mom/Dad (Grandpa/Grandma) yet. I am grateful and amazed at their wisdom and sound advice that i have been privileged to have over the years. To God be the Glory--oh, that would have been a good one (a Mortonaires one too).
...And Kacie sleeping on the floor!
Mom
Post a Comment