It was a
crazy day at work today.
The
morning started out like any other normal work morning.
One of our
clients threatened to kill a worker, and we all were warned not to allow him in
the building.
Then,
around 10:00 the power turned off. For about an hour and a half we sat in the
dark and waited for the power to turn back on. With no computers, no printers,
no copiers, or phones we couldn't do any work.
Then, at
around 2:00 we received a Code Orange: "external threat."
Supposedly
a few days ago a man kidnapped his wife. She was found dead in her car today
and the police traced the guy back to his house.
Three
blocks down from where I work.
They had
the house surrounded and expected gun fire. Our building was on lock-down and
the police were evacuating nearby houses.
So, again
we sat and waited. And since this was all very exciting and we were
totally unmotivated to work by this time, we toured the building trying to find
a window we could watch out of. We never did find a good view but we found out that it's a pretty creepy old building.
We spent
the next two hours on the internet watching for any news updates.
Finally at
4:15 we received the good news that the police were inside negotiating with the
suspect and the area was now safe to leave.
:) I guess
these are normal occurrences when working on the south side.
In Christ
~Michelle
*I don't know why it's doing this white background thing.
*I don't know why it's doing this white background thing.
2 comments:
Sounds like your lockdown was more legit than ours! I had a 3 hour lockdown at school yesterday because someone was walking on campus with their Halloween costume on. The man was wearing a mask, camouflage pants, knee pads, a vest resembling body armor and had a sword strapped to his back!
Well that would have been slightly scarey I'm sure :)
Post a Comment