Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Turkey Run

This past weekend, Nathan and I, and Matt and Lena met up with Kacie at Turkey Run.  

It was a long time coming after a failed attempt earlier this year.  We spent the night at a camp ground Friday night and then spent the day Saturday in the park.  It was a bit chilly, "perfect camping weather," but absolutely beautiful.  

the girls took a tent and the guys took the second tent. I slept pretty well since I tend to sleep better in the cold. 

Here's the weekend in pictures:

our beautiful campsite


Nathan cooking up some sausage for breakfast

Matt demonstrating the breakfast plate...
\nothing better than breakfast when camping. 

nearly perfect marshmallow

Nathan and Kacie were pros with the tent.

Turkey Run bridge

Views from the trails:



Lena had some fun with a knife.





Anyway, as usual, it was a good weekend. I can't wait until winter is over and camping season begins again. 


In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! And a perfect marshmallow! who did that one?