So, I have decided I am a name-nerd. I love names. I spend my free time at work looking up names from all around the world. Most recently I've been intrigued by very old British names. I also like compiling awful names. A while back, I posted a list, and was reminded recently about it. So, here is a second list.
For your amusement*:
(I'm not sure why this formatted this way, but It would take to long to fix)
Males:
For your amusement*:
(I'm not sure why this formatted this way, but It would take to long to fix)
Males:
Dieuseul (pronounced diesel)
Jeomarius
Chemare
Jawain
Jaquan Elijahwaun (that's a mouthful)
Deauante
DeQuanta
DeQarius (so we add "De" in front of an already odd sounding name...?)
Tabren
Delbert (Ok, I know this one is actually that weird. But, it's still a terrible name.)
Kourdey
Tiko
Orlando
Shondre
Timeretireawn (Try to say this five times fast. Try to say it once!)
Donile
Kinyater
Pizzaro (someone liked their pizza)
CursanteSieDamonte
Jramail
Females:
Trinetta
Shaleaka Latay
Essence
Johnetra (another case of the "oh shoot, we thought she was going to be a boy")
Naquesha
Saprella
Lakenya
Syltrina
Lerra
Latayvia
Letitia (I thought this was a made up name until, through my research, I found it actually was very popular in 19th century Britain, who new!)
Cleanna (Sister to Cloryne?)
Shameika
Dershonda
Tyquosha
Urapreciseangel (You think your doughter is a precise angel? maybe they meant precious. eithere way, still weird.)
Yaisha
Shaleaka
Fatoumata (Actually, I think this is a very common name in West Africa. But, when seen on the arrest records, you just feel sorry for them. )
Semaj
Mijke
Lucretta
Bad last name:
Higginbottom (this one makes me giggle every time I see it.)
Slaughter (and this makes me cringe. how far can you go in life with a last name that sounds like homicide?)
I hope you enjoyed :)
Maybe you found your inspiration for your next child's name.
In Christ
~Michelle
1 comment:
Semaj is James spelled backwards- think that was on purpose? Weird.
No offence, but I think I'll stick with traditional, gender specific names of Anglo-Saxon/Germanic origin. :)
Post a Comment