Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Our Maine Vacation: Part 2: Hiking

I really enjoy hiking, though I'm incredibly out of shape.  I'm more of a stop-and-smell-the-flowers type then a destination focused hiker, so we managed to do some tough hikes because I kept stopping to snap pictures and rest. 

Jordan Pond- This was a beautiful 3 mile walk around the Jordan pond. It was pretty much flat. 








The Bubbles- We decided to be a little adventurous, and despite having a headache and an awful cold, we made it up the Bubbles.  We passed one hiker who told us it was the most difficult hike he had ever done.  It really wasn't that bad, and I think the exertion cured me, because we made it to the top.  


looking down the trail

Notice the blue paint on the rocks? They mark our trail.




made it!




Bubble Rock


Beehive- This trail was listed as Strenuous in our guide book. But, it sounded like too much fun to pass up. 

Once again, blue marks our path



It was rung and ladder up some of the way. 

it got pretty close to the edge

you didn't want to slip here

The view was, once again, beautiful.

The Beehive connected with the Bowl

Bowl lake

Acadia Mountain- Being in Acadia National Park, we had to hike this one.  The way up wasn't so bad, but the way down was the hard part. The trail seemed to go straight down. 




creepy looking trees


(oh look! a picture that's not a selfie)


It just went down

Man of War Creek

The trickle of Man of War water fall.

This water fall, when full, pours into the fjord, and ships used to be able to pull right up and fill their barrels with water.  

We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather for hiking.   There were so many trails I would have loved to go on, but time is always the issue.



End Part 2
To be continued....

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: