Thursday, September 17, 2015

Our Maine Vacation: Part 4: Lobster

On Wednesday,  we took a lobster boat tour.   Tuesday night, it had rained so, it was a foggy morning.

The tour took us out to the rocks to see seals and a light house. It was difficult in the fog.  But, an educational experience none the less. 

this was probably a picture of some seals...
maybe?


you can kind of see them up on the rocks in this one.


Egg rock light house


our captain  with  a lobster

lobster bait

the captain pulling in a lobster trap

we caught a couple lobsters and a crab.

The captain gave us a full run down of lobsters, lobster anatomy, lobstering, and  lobster preservation.   I probably know more about lobsters now then I ever will need. 


It was a lovely morning out on the water again.  We took the afternoon to walk around Bar Harbor. 

the foggy harbor
I don't know why it won't turn right


the streets of Bar Harbor

Lunch :)


yet another beautiful, yet sideways picture of the harbor.

touristy shops


the sun came out and lifted the fog

Bar Harbor was full of shops and people, expensive foods, and lots of souvenir shops.  It's a beautiful place with pretty views of the Harbor. But, I much prefer the quietness of the campground and the smell of pine trees :)


End Part 4
To be continued...

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: