Thursday, December 8, 2016

Favorite time of year

Well, not exactly.  Everything but the cold weather. :)

I'm enjoying all of the Christmas cards and packages that are arriving.  We're almost exclusively online Christmas shoppers.  

Little buddy needed a warm hat.  He had to try it on when it arrived.
He likes it! :)
(please pay no attention to the ugly leopard print blanket... I didn't want to use a nice one)

Gideon and I ventured out with Nathan to his work's Christmas party.  Gideon did good and slept through most of it.  

a hood! hehe :)

It's been getting colder. So bundling up is a necessity.
Plus he just looks too cute.

Jack turned 1! We celebrated on the 3rd. 

smooshing his cake

he enjoyed his presents

We got our first snow on the 4th! :) It was so pretty.

It won't take too many more snows before I'm sick of it.  hehe.

Gideon and I curled up by our fake fire.

And, I made hot white cocoa. One of the pluses of cold weather is the warm drinks. :)
with plenty of whipped cream :)

On Monday, Breanna was in town from Indiana. She and Brittney met Wendi and I at Kendra's for a brunch. It was great to catch up with them.  It's been so long since our trips to California and Florida. Between the 5 of us there were 7 kids. Things have really changed. :)

That afternoon, I met Mom and Jenny to pick out Christmas trees.

The girls liked the trees with fake snow.

All three of us went straight home and stubbornly set up our trees without the help of our men. :) hehe. 

Our running text conversation:



Well, I managed to set the tree up and decorate it. 

The living room is decorated and ready for Christmas.
It's so cozy :)


Little buddy likes to lay under the tree.

Tuesday, I went shopping with just Gideon for the first time. We made it to Target, Kohl's, and grocery shopping.  Gideon did really well.  Though it's super frustrating to grocery shop with a car seat. 

While in the store we just happened to run in to the girls. :) And Jenny, of course. 

hehe.

Gideon is weighing in at 10lbs 7oz. The little chunk.

Other than a trip to the doctor (me, for a regular check up) and a quick trip to the post office (Christmas cards are in the mail!) we've holed up yesteday and today. 

Packages in the mail, cozy Christmas tree, egg nog, and Christmas music. :) 
We're doing pretty good right now. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: