Friday, October 21, 2011

leggings rant

ok. Girls.

Yes, I know leggings were the most amazing invention for freezing cold days. But, worn appropriately! I wear leggings. In fact, this week I've been wearing two pairs at a time- under my skirts.

Wearing just leggings on a 30 degree day is insane. Not to mention that they are completely and unquestionably one of the most immodest articles of clothing.
Seriously, I don't know how they can even feel comfortable wandering around in their thin little long-johns.

Oo. And just because they look like jeans doesn't mean you should wear them as such.

Also under the inappropriate attire section (That I did view today)
Flip flops! I'm not even kidding.
Very low tops. I wonder if they realize that the reason they are cold is because half of their shirt is missing.

Arg! Its so frustrating. Except for that ridiculousness, they all look cute with their anthropologie sweaters, adorable boots, and northface jackets and here I am. My only consolation is that I am probably one of the only girls on campus who is actually warm. :) This is one good instance where modesty actually is most practical. Yay, for being modest!

Really, though. If  I wasn't so nice I'd deck some people in the fashion industry over the head. But...I'm too nice for that. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:

Jenny said...

hahahahahaha. You sound like such an old lady! :)

When it get really cold it will probably get a little bit better.

You're not the only one, the muslim girls dress appropriately too. :)

Maybe they're following the advice of my TA from florida... keeping their blood alcohol level elevated so they don't feel the cold.

Michelle said...

oh. my...sad but true...
I do sound like an old lady! yikes what will I sound like when I am an old lady?

Anonymous said...

http://uiucnopants.com/