I've been to Apple River seven times now. The yg has changed drastically since then.
I did some random counting:
I've been in the yg with 80 different people
and our yg normally has around 40 people at a time
out of that 80 there are only 10 of us who have lasted these past 7 years.
I've seen 70 people come or go. That's crazy.
No wonder I feel old.
the yg in 2006
now
Anyway...Though I 've been there done that, I still thoroughly enjoy spending time with the yg and going to apple river. This year was really good. I love the apple cider and carmel apples, the great conversations, the fun, the encouragement, and walking around in beautiful nature.
oh, how I love little white churches
Apple river :)
Some of the girls
I went from being one of the youngest people on the trip to being semi-responsible. I remember my first trip. I thought my room-moms were so old and mature. I think that I am older now than they were.
Oh, the times they are a changin'
In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:
The area looks beautiful and the opportunity to be out in nature with the young group is a blessing. It does change . . .the people in it and the growth of each one in it. God is good.
Congratulations, Aunt Michelle. I imagine that you will be anxious to get home this weekend:)
I think being in the yg with 80 different people makes you an old maid. just sayin. but cecily needs a rich single aunt...
:) I'm sorry to say I don't think I will ever be rich. SW just doesn't allow for that... :)
Post a Comment