Thursday, September 29, 2011

I think I might have been Hazed...

Into the U of I yg :)


I went on a tomb run yesterday or should I say today.
(tomb run- delivering food from the empty tomb food pantry to people in need)
Yesterday, we showed up at the lady's house but she wasn't there. So, after a few emails back and forth we set up a time.


Jake and Laura came with me. The lady was deaf and she left us a note to get her attention through the window. So, Laura got the job of getting her attention, while Jake and I waited awkwardly in the hall. It took a while but suddenly there was a  high pitch scream. A few seconds later the door opens and we were let in. The poor lady...Laura had scared her. The only way we could communicate was by writing on paper.  We  didn't stay long but before we left she gave us all hugs...poor Jake :)


We were on our way when we realized that we had left all the meat and bread in the freezer at church. At church we realized we didn't have a church key. So, we called Sarah and she drove over to let us in.
And we were on our way again.


All the lights were off when we got back to her apartment so we left it outside and sent her an email. But, as we went back to the car Laura decided to steal someone's car. Well, not really. She just accidentally got into the wrong car and didn't notice Jake and I standing by my car.  I'm not really sure why that car was unlocked though.


Two hours after we picked Jake up we arrived back at the Shake. Not until after he got a call from his roommate wondering what had become of him.



Well, it's Jake's birthday so the shake had brown house over for a quartet singing and I made Jake a really cool cake. So when we walked in they began singing "Happy birthday dear Jakey..." :)
hehehehe :)
he was excited about his cake and gallon of mountain dew from the shake. :P

Well, that was quite a night. :) 

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ah that cake pan... it contained a john deere cake that was delivered to the shake once...

Emily said...

michelle...let the cake cool before you frost it =P