Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet Me Under the Clock

This weekend Matt and I went to Kansas City to visit Scott and Ned. (There were more of us originally but they panzed out)

We got there late Friday night, but we still beat Ned home from school.
Saturday we were shown the sights of down town Kansas City.

The Union Station

Sigh...you can almost see all the soldiers returning home from WWII ... :)

The famous clock

the National WWI Memorial
The WWI museum was amazing. To get into the museum we had to walk across a glass bridge. Down below was a field of poppies. I couldn't help but hum "Flanders Field." :) And there was an exhibit on the flying aces...and of course I got the oldie "snoopy and the red baron" stuck in my head. I really like museums.

the view from the top of the tower

Kansas City skyline

After the WWI museum we headed out to lunch. I ate a huge but wonderful coney-island hot dog.

Next on the list of must see sights, they showed us around the Plaza.
cool fountain

ominous clouds
We didn't do much because we were forced to ride out the storm in a book store. I think the rain may have stopped long before we left the store. :)

Saturday night we went to a singing with the kcyg. Kami and Amor were there. They are hilarious. :) It came with no surprise that we didn't go straight to bed after we got back. Instead, the boys taught me how to play spades. woohoo! :) I now know more than one card game. Poor Scott had to be my partner and we lost.

Sunday, we went to church and then we hit the road. After about 6.5 hours of driving we arrived home...and I left for U of I.

It was such a fun and blessed weekend...now, hello reality.

In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy you came. Felt like I wanted a day with you too. Maybe we can plan another trip:)