Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It Builds Charactor

Friday night was the yg camping trip with the Sunday school. We went to Kickapoo state park which is about a half hour from Champaign.

We played a really fun game of capture the flag. It got so dark though that no one could find the flags or tell who was on their team. :) I felt like a kid again, sneaking around. Yup, we are college students. :)

It didn't start really raining until later in the evening, but everything was already wet from that morning. It pretty much rained most of the night. I stayed somewhat dry inside the tent, but there were a few holes in the roof so my clothes and such got soaked. None of the guy's tents had that problem.

here we are... don't we look excited to be awake :)

Trying to pack up the tents in the rain was interesting. We had to dump water out of  some of them before we could fold them. So, we left Kickapoo early and drove back to church... where it was warm and sunny.

I wish I would have taken a picture. We covered our cars in sleeping bag, hoodies, skirts, and pillows and I opened our tent back up and laid it out to dry. We looked like a hobo camp. :) We had a picnic under the carport and played games in the grass until the parents came for their kids.

Despite the rain I had a great time.  As I explained to someone in church...I owe it to the many times my dad would take us camping and it would rain...or even snow. (don't forget to pack one long sleeve shirt just in case it gets cold!)  Ah, yes those lovely character building experiences.

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Jenny said...

...ah yes, and beach towels double as extra blankets. :)

Can any camping in the rain be bad after you've spent 6 days in the rain in the BWCA?

We must just exude character...

Michelle said...

nope :)camping in the rain is almost normal
I think I have too much character sometimes :)