Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wendi's Wedding

It started on Friday...

The wedding party went out for pedicures.  It was an interesting experience. They scrub and massage your feet. Which, first of all, I am ticklish. So, I spent a lot of time trying to muffle my screeches. And, I really am not fond of physical contact. Anyway. it was fun sitting in big comfy chairs chatting with the rest of the bridal party.

 Saturday, we met a Wendi's in the morning for pictures. Things were a little chaotic as we had to do a quick shoe switcheroo and a few belts went missing. All ended well and each bridesmaid ended with a pair of shoes that fit relatively well and their own belt. Wendi and Mary seemed to handle it well. 
We started out at their neighbor's gardens and then went to Junction City for more bridal party pictures. 

the dress :) so beautiful

the whole wedding party

with the gorgeous bride

:)

After pictures I went home and relaxed a while before the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Rehearsal went well but it took three tries to feel comfortable that Wendi would make it in before the song was over. :)
The dinner was amazing. They had an adorable slide show that made everyone laugh and later everyone gave speeches that made everyone cry. It was really sweet to listen to what the families had to say.



Sunday was the wedding and they got married. :) I don't really have much to say on this. 
The reception was beautiful  and full of people. I was exhausted by the end. 
the fellowship hall

Wendi and Daniel with the cake

and they're off

So, they are married. I am so used to having couples as friends that this seems so normal. If there is anything I have learned from the mass marriage of all of my friends it is that I am not losing a friend I am gaining one. And, once they get their heads back out of the clouds they are even more fun to spend time with. :)
So, congratulations Daniel and Wendi! 

I still am having trouble believing that I'm old enough to have friends getting married.
I mean really this wasn't that long ago.
Ok, maybe it was but, weren't we cute :)

In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Michelle, it really wasn't long ago at all! What are you trying to do, make me cry? Thanks for the pictures!

Mary

Daniel & Wendi said...

Awwwhhh what a cute picture of us when we were little! Friends from the start! ;)
Thanks for the post Shelly. :)

Michelle said...

Mary- Sorry :)
Wendi- You are quite welcome :)