Thursday, August 9, 2012

catching my breath

...and catching you up.

So, the past few weeks have been pretty busy.
I went down to Urbana to get a few things settled and switched over for the new school year. With a recent change of plans Laura will be staying and so there will be four of us again in the apartment. yay :)

I started a babysitting job last week. I watch two little girls for a couple from church, twice a week for 10 hours. I haven't babysat since I was 13 but, so far it has been going smoothly. They are a lot of fun but it is so nice to be able to go home in the evening.

Last Friday night was Wendi's Personal shower. Kendra hosted it at her house though all of bridesmaids pitched in a little with food. We mainly just sat around, ate, watched Wendi open presents, and talked. Ellie was there. :) It was great to see her again. I hadn't seen her since Brooke's wedding.  We did have one set of skits. We portrayed the life of Wendi and Daniel. They were quite hilarious. It was wonderful for a lot of my friends to all be in the same room together. 



 Saturday morning I drove out to Bloomfield with Grandma, Grandpa, and Pearl for Kendra W. and Tad M's wedding. We arrived in Bloomfield quite early and had a nice chat with Russel before they checked in at their motel. I loved all of the conversations with them. They have such a different perspective on everything. 
The wedding was lovely and I got to see a lot of people that I knew, a whole bunch that I've met before, even more that I recognized, and a good deal that I didn't know.  

Tuesday was Ellie and Troy's first anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year! 




This week I've been babysitting, working on scrapbook pages, and getting ready for this wedding weekend.

Tonight I went out to Mika's for coffee with Joy. We sat there for about an hour before we decided to go star gazing. It was so beautiful. We saw at least 7 meteors (there is a meteor shower on the 12th) and one really big bright falling thing that we really weren't quite sure what it was. 
It was amazing. The more you look at the stars the grander and more glorious the sky looks. :) 

So, things have been crazy but, sprinkled with fun and excitement. I can't believe Wendi's getting married this weekend.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: