Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple

caramel apple, apple cider, apple-cider doughnuts...Apple River

This past weekend was the yg's annual trip to Apple River. It was a great weekend as usual filled with good food, warm drinks and plenty of cold air. 
The leaves were gorgeous! :)

I tried very hard to restrain myself from quoting ...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...

Saturday consisted of the traditional stop at Tanners apple orchard to buy doughnuts and then we took the hike to the rock. 
The guy's climbed the rock. tsk. 
They took full advantage of not being told not to this year.

Most of the group :)

After hiking, we sang at a nursing home. The residents were so thankful, it was a blessing to be there. Saturday evening we ate amazing food at a local restaurant and then went back to the hotel for a singing and games. We played many hilarious rounds of "Adverbs" complete with the adults acting for the finale. 





this isn't my plate I had already started eating... 

Kristin and I posing in an ally. :)

 Sunday, is my favorite day of the trip. There is nothing like walking to church on a gravel road while the church bell is ringing or singing old hymns while sitting in old wooden benches...


walking to church


ahhh :) takes you back.

 
Places like this make me try to be artsy ...

:) I kinda like how this turned out.


ringing the church bell :)

The whole group 

 After church the guys goofed off while we went and changed on the bus.
this is pretty fun
Thank goodness there aren't any pictures of me trying to do this. :)

old fashioned merry-go-round


waiting to go

Back at the park where we...
explored under bridges...
and forded streams.

Kristin and Rebecca following



it's just so beautiful!

even the road looks cool.


 We headed back in decent time. I had to get back to reality. sigh. 
It was a wonderful time. I was able to get away from the busyness back here and at least try not to think about school stuff. 

There is no better place to get away to than God's creation. :)

In Christ
~Michelle


3 comments:

Jenny said...

o man. I want to go back. Maybe next year we can be chaperones...

Kristin said...

Hey that Bible picture turned out awesome! I think that could be a front cover on the silver lining:)!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Our leaves are not that colorful yet. I love the Bible picture!