Sunday, October 28, 2012

the past week or so

So many random things have been happening lately.

A few weekends ago the yg girls hosted a brother's appreciation dinner. We 12 racks of ribs and had a campfire. I think it went pretty well, everyone seemed to have a good time.
Campfire

Last Saturday was a big day. Katie W. was back from Oakville for the weekend so, we went out for coffee.
My high-school friends :)
sadly, Katy K. couldn't make it 

Saturday afternoon into the evening was College Weekend in Bloomington. The theme this year was The Gospel. They did a really good job and I had a wonderful time. Once again there were so many people I knew I could barely talk to them all. 
Next semester U of I is hosting so, we are already having planning meetings. 

I heard back this week that I didn't get the internship. Its kind of a downer because that means I have to be patient. It's kind of hard to be patient. :)

For my pre-internship I'm doing a semester long group project at CYFS. It's a local foster care agency. We've been recruiting people to foster. This week we helped with their Halloween party. It was a lot of fun, all of those kids are so cute! 

Wednesday night Laura's mom took us out to supper. We went to Silverlight Creek in Urbana. It was amazing. And, I learned that I like brussel sprouts. Who knew? :)

I am absolutely loving fall down in Urbana. The trees have been gorgeous. 
Orangey-red leaves are by far my favorite. 

:) Urbana

Oh, and I have discovered a love for candles. :)


Today, I went to Chicago shopping with a bunch of girls. Ellie met us at the outlets and spent most of the day with us. It was so much fun to look through racks of baby clothes with her. :) And, I finally got time to have some good chats with her. The rest of us went to another mall in the afternoon and did a bit more shopping. I had such an amazing day. I love those girls. 
Ellie, Haley, Kendra, Kristin, me

Holding up our letters :)... In anthropology. drool.

Whew. I think that is all. 

In Christ,
~Michelle

5 comments:

Heather Steiner said...

oh my goodness... you are REALLY making me miss fall in the midwest! glad you're having a fun one though :)

Michelle said...

aww...I should package some up for you and bring it down with me :)

Heather Steiner said...

If you decide to bring the temperature with you, then make sure to bring me some warm clothes, too! :)

Wendi said...

I also found a love for candles!!

....and I'm quite jealous I didn't get to come shopping with you girls! :/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Pictures are beautiful. It is so good to take the time to enjoy God's blessings! He paints a beautiful scene in the fall too.
God has a plan and sometime it is so hard to be patient. Ned is starting to think of his next year too and has the same uncertainties. When we see how He has worked in our lives as His children, it always amazes me that I can still have apprehension about the step ahead. Our flesh is imperfect, but praise God, He is our King! We can safely trust in Him. And His grace is sufficient. He gives us so many promises to hold! And we have the ultimate promise of eternal life when we abide in Him. We are so blessed. Have a great week.