Monday, December 24, 2012

break- week 1

It is so nice to be on break. 
Thursday it was cold, snowy, and very windy. I spent most of the day inside though, I did venture out once or twice to play with Gus, our puppy. :)
That night while making sugar cookies, the power went out. I had to finish frosting them by flashlight. 
my favorite: the Amish couple :)

Friday morning my dad got the generator hooked up. 

Gus loves the snow :)

huge snow drift out back


Friday, the Schlipfs came over for our Christmas.  We had fun watching Cecily and singing lesser known Christmas carols. 

Saturday, I finally finished my Christmas shopping. yay!

For supper, I went to my first out-of-town potluck.  Wendi and Daniel hosted and Troy, Ellie and Cyrus were down from Belvidere. 
We spent the evening eating, laughing, fighting over Cyrus and playing dutch blitz.
Good times. :) I hope this becomes more than just an annual thing.

Daniel, Troy and Cyrus 

Ellie and Kendra

the married couples 

Other than that, I've had a very quiet relaxing first week of break. :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: