Actually, nothing exciting has really happened today or for the past few weeks.
But, here's to remembering December 7, 1941.
I guess a few random things have been going on.
After Haiti, I went back to school and probably had one of the craziest two weeks of the semester. With normal yg activities, a huge group paper and group presentation, a taffy pull, church Christmas caroling, online tests and papers, two Russian tests (yes, I'm taking Russian this semester), a Russian presentation, and yet another interview today.
Thankfully, I only have two presentation and three finals until Christmas break. :) Things don't "wind down" in college, they just wind up.
So, last Thursday night we had a taffy pull here at the Upper Room. I had to call Jenny twice and my Grandma once to get the taffy recipe down. You have to be really precise or else the whole batch will be ruined. The taffy was ok this time. It pulled really well for the first few pulls and then it got really hard.
Oh, well. It always makes for a few laughs.
One night late, like at midnight, Sarah and I decided to decorate our apartment.
I had my third interview today. I really hope I get it. It's a really cool Christian organization with a ton of stuff to do. Now, begins the waiting game...again. I really would appreciate prayers because, If I don't get an internship by Christmas time, I'm going to have to wait until next fall. Which would be awful.
Oh, funny story.
So, there's this guy that walks around campus without shoes on. And, it cracks me up. anytime I see him I try to sneak a picture of him on my phone. :) It's really hard to be sneaking with a phone though. Anyway, so he was walking in front of me yesterday and he walks really fast. I had to walk pretty fast to keep up and after I had made a feeble attempt at getting a picture, he suddenly took off running. Running! barefoot across very wet, very cold pavement. I think he's on to me.
So, that's about it.
In Christ
~Michelle
But, here's to remembering December 7, 1941.
I guess a few random things have been going on.
After Haiti, I went back to school and probably had one of the craziest two weeks of the semester. With normal yg activities, a huge group paper and group presentation, a taffy pull, church Christmas caroling, online tests and papers, two Russian tests (yes, I'm taking Russian this semester), a Russian presentation, and yet another interview today.
Thankfully, I only have two presentation and three finals until Christmas break. :) Things don't "wind down" in college, they just wind up.
So, last Thursday night we had a taffy pull here at the Upper Room. I had to call Jenny twice and my Grandma once to get the taffy recipe down. You have to be really precise or else the whole batch will be ruined. The taffy was ok this time. It pulled really well for the first few pulls and then it got really hard.
Oh, well. It always makes for a few laughs.
making taffy
the scary part where it starts to splatter your hand with boiling taffy
the finished product
attempting to pull
It didn't turn out the best
I now have Christmas lights above my bunk :)
(ooo, and check out the cool Haiti painting!)
the Christmas tree!
Oh, funny story.
So, there's this guy that walks around campus without shoes on. And, it cracks me up. anytime I see him I try to sneak a picture of him on my phone. :) It's really hard to be sneaking with a phone though. Anyway, so he was walking in front of me yesterday and he walks really fast. I had to walk pretty fast to keep up and after I had made a feeble attempt at getting a picture, he suddenly took off running. Running! barefoot across very wet, very cold pavement. I think he's on to me.
So, that's about it.
In Christ
~Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment