I spent last weekend back home in Washington.
My cousin Scott and his fiance, Joy, were going to be in town and I wanted to meet her.
Saturday evening we had a family gathering for birthdays. I don't know what was in the water but we were all very hyper.
Some quotes from the evening:
"Pearl, what can you wiggle that shouldn't?"
"How did they know you gave them the Depends?" "I guess it leaked."
It was definitely a typical Wyss family gathering. :)
Troy and Kirk pulling taffy with many onlookers
Joy learning the art of taffy pulling
the men discussing weighty matters...actually I think it may
have had to do with fishing or something of that nature. :)
Oh, and hello there Kyle.
Time is flying by!
I met for the last time with some of the staff from the Hope Center. They gave us interns presents and took us out for coffee. One of the older staff members liked to talk to me about reading, particularly Russian literature, so he gave me a book of Russian short stories. I'm excited.
It's so weird. I'm almost completely done!
And, last night Nathan brought me these. Needless to say, I was extremely excited. :) Thanks to his mom's gardening abilities, these are all fresh. :)
they so pretty :)
10 more days until I graduate. Woah.
In Christ,
~Michelle
2 comments:
I have been waiting for an update! I heard that you were home and I was thankful. I think they had a good trip.
I haven't heard if you are thinking of staying in Champaign?
We are getting a beautiful heavy snow coming down this eve. The tulips and flowering trees look different with snow on. Wonder how they will hold up. We have about 2 inches now.
Love, a.k.
PS Gorgeous flowers!
Post a Comment