Friday night, I went to a 'secret sis' cookout. I may be married, but I still enjoy getting together with those girls. :)
Sunday night, we finally had Nathan's family over.
I was a little nervous. I've never cooked for so many people before (13!) but I think it went well.
I made lasagna, a salad, some garlic bread, and cut up a watermelon. Nathan's mom brought cake to celebrate Emily and Anna's birthdays.
They all seemed to like the lasagna and nearly polished off the two 9x13s. Poor Nathan, not very many leftovers for him. :) tehe.
After supper, we sang, ate cake, drank some fresh cider, and sat around chatting.
It wasn't very stressful at all. In fact, the only mishap was me dumping bacon bits all over me and the floor. sigh.
I've been pretty lazy so far this week. We're pretty much settled in here and I don't have much to do. Tuesday I went to World Relief sewing. Which is always great fun. I knotted two comforters and got to hear all the latest news. :)
Yesterday, I read a book. :)
I think my job is coming at the perfect time.
In Christ
~Michelle
the evening included a hay-rack ride :)
Amber hosted it at their lake. It was beautiful.
Sunday night, we finally had Nathan's family over.
I was a little nervous. I've never cooked for so many people before (13!) but I think it went well.
I made lasagna, a salad, some garlic bread, and cut up a watermelon. Nathan's mom brought cake to celebrate Emily and Anna's birthdays.
They all seemed to like the lasagna and nearly polished off the two 9x13s. Poor Nathan, not very many leftovers for him. :) tehe.
After supper, we sang, ate cake, drank some fresh cider, and sat around chatting.
It wasn't very stressful at all. In fact, the only mishap was me dumping bacon bits all over me and the floor. sigh.
I've been pretty lazy so far this week. We're pretty much settled in here and I don't have much to do. Tuesday I went to World Relief sewing. Which is always great fun. I knotted two comforters and got to hear all the latest news. :)
Yesterday, I read a book. :)
I think my job is coming at the perfect time.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment