Recently I've been taking on a few projects. They've been a lot of fun.
We needed more space in our kitchen for storing stuff. So, I purchased a dresser at Goodwill and went to work. Sadly I wan't smart enough to take a before picture. But, believe me it was rather ugly and dirty before and had some very 80s style drawer pulls.
My mom served lunch on Sunday and asked me to bake cinnamon rolls.
We needed more space in our kitchen for storing stuff. So, I purchased a dresser at Goodwill and went to work. Sadly I wan't smart enough to take a before picture. But, believe me it was rather ugly and dirty before and had some very 80s style drawer pulls.
:) I think it turned out well...if you don't look very close.
And now that the kitchen is presentable... here's a picture :)
dough
ready to go in the ovan
maple glaze :)
5 doz. cinnamon rolls... yum! :)
And, then the other day I decided to tackle the piano bench. It wasn't the worst piano bench that I've seen but, it was old and stained. So, I started by taking the floral upholstery off. I quickly discovered that the floral was covering up yet another cushion that was liberally stapled down to the bench.
the original bench
layer #2
ah yes...lovely gold and burnt-orange
The cushion was stapled directly to the top of the bench so, I took it over to the farm for the final stages of reconstruction. After my dad pulled out the rest of the staples, I sanded it, re-stained it, and varnished it, I'm quite pleased with the results.
:) It looks so much better.
Nathan and I were eyeing a bookcase from IKEA for a while when we learned that Matt and Lena were planning on going there last weekend. So, we managed to buy it with very little shipping charge. :)
We put it together Tuesday night.
And if you think we need more books...don't worry this is overflow from our last purchase.
book case #1 :)
pay no attention to the mess surrounding it...
And then, because I enjoy using my amazing amounts of counter top space, I made cookies. :)
mhmm :)
On Wednesday, I had a job interview. I think it went well. We shall see if I get an offer. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
I am impressed! Yum...did you use the pioneer women recipe?
Emily
yup:) I love her recipes
Post a Comment