Monday, September 16, 2013

Honesty

Last week, my mom and I drove around Peoria returning extra/duplicate wedding gifts. 


the very full back of the van

When we got to BBB we unloaded the air mattress.  We had gotten two of them shipped from the same sender. In other words- we got two for the price of one. So, we took it in and explained to them that we didn't need any money back for it.  They looked kind of shocked and said "give them full price back in store credit for their honesty."

We made their day. They continued to thank us and smile at us the rest of the time we were in the store. 

I was very shocked as well and it made my day too. I had fun finally getting a few bigger things for the apartment. :)  But, it kind of made me sad. What is this world coming to when such a simple act of honesty is such a big deal?

My mom and I had a great rest of the day. Thanks to all of you who unknowingly gave us a duplicate gift. :) They bought us, will buy us, some much needed things we couldn't really register for.

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: