Saturday, December 7, 2013

Entering the Christmas Season

Yet another week has past. 
It is absolutely crazy to me how fast time is flying. My job is going really well. I love what I do and I'm starting to get to know my clients pretty well. 

I failed to mention a few things in my last post. Last week on my break, I took Kandace and Carli shopping. I don't like to shop alone and they are great companions. I managed to buy a tree on sale and some Christmas decorations. 
:) just the right size.

greenery goes well in a lantern :)


The Thanksgiving/Christmas season always brings a lot of friends into the area. Last Saturday, I went out for lunch with some good friends. Breana was in town for the weekend, so she, Wendi, and I went out to eat in Washington. I seriously am so blessed to have such amazing friends.  :) We were so engrossed in catching up, an hour later,  we barely realized our waitress had forgotten to take our order. 

Friday evening, Nathan and I went to my work Christmas party. It was an ugly Christmas sweater party, which was hilarious.  It went pretty well and I think Nathan was able to  enjoy himself. 

We left around 8:00 and went shopping. The cold weather had reminded me- I didn't have a decent winter coat. I've been wearing a really lightweight fleece peacoat, and it just wasn't going to keep me warm enough this winter.  Thankfully we were able to find a decent one and I will now be much warmer. 

Tonight, I made a batch of sugar cookies. I didn't have any Christmas cookie cutters so I just used a doughnut cutter. They didn't keep their shape very well though. I think I may need to add more flour next time. 

We have Christmas lights up all around the apartment and I love to curl up on the couch with a book and look at the lights. Ah. :) I like Christmas season. 

And, as of December 1st, I began listening to Christmas music. Not a moment sooner. :)

In Christ
~Michelle


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Wish you were close. I don't shop well alone either!

Jenny said...

Two things: chill the dough, or use a different recipe. Don't add more flour or they will be too dense.

Michelle said...

Jenny- i did chill the dough...I may try a new recipe then