Sunday, September 7, 2014

Katy & Jake

Saturday was yet another busy day for me.  I spent the morning at Kendra's baby shower and the afternoon and evening at Katy and Jake's wedding. :)

Katy is a friend of mine from long, long ago in middle school with a bunch of wonderful girls. :)  I'll spare you any photos of way back when, but here is one from about 3 years ago:
Emily, Haley, Katy, Joy, Katie, and me. :)

It's crazy how much time has flown since then!  Four of us are married now, one of which, Katie, wasn't able to make it to the wedding because she just had an adorable baby boy. :) (Congratulations to Reilly and Katie!)

As I always say, or at least I feel like I always say: The wedding was lovely, the bride looked beautiful. :)
*I snagged most of the photos from random people off of facebook, because 1. I still feel weird taking pictures in church, and 2. I don't like carrying a hot pink camera around when I don't have pockets to hide it in. 

The ceremony. The bridal party all looked very nice. :)

The ridiculously stunning bride and groom exiting the wedding. 

Mr. and Mrs. 

At the reception Nathan and I sat with some of my old high school friends. These are friends I literally had not seen since graduation five years ago. However different we were then and still are now, we had a great time together. :)  Some friendships can just click again after so many years and you can feel perfectly comfortable with them. 

The reception was lovely (I enjoy using that word in relation to weddings because most weddings are quite lovely :) and I like weddings).  

After the traditional dances, Katy disappeared and returned in her "celebration dress".  She looked beautiful, of course, and (in the prettiest way) kind of like a human disco-ball, all glittery and bright. :) 
Friends! :)

After, a long evening of eating, people watching, dancing (just kidding) and catching up with old classmates, we decided to call it a night at 9:30, and headed home. :) 
Someone did ask me why I wasn't out on the dance floor. I told them I prefer to be the one watching than one of the ones being watched.  I will admit there were those who where good at what they were doing, but there were some who were, quite frankly, just plain amusing. :)


I had a wonderful time and am so glad for my friends and how we've somehow stuck together all these years. :)

Congratulations Katy and Jake!!! :)

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: