We had another Saturday without any plans. So, Nathan and I began working on projects around the house.
Labor day weekend, we bought a bed on sale for the guest room. We discovered that Queen size barely fits upstairs. I had to spackle where the bed took a gouge out of the ceiling. It also tore the piece of trim off that was covering the edge of the drywall. We finally put the trim back up and painted over the spackle. You can barely tell now.
We finally put up blinds on the main floor. We did a trial run on Friday night and then finished on Saturday.
I also decided that our door needed painting. It was really scuffed up and dirty. But, it was also kind of boring.
The other day I got a big box in the mail. It was a lilac bush! :) Jenny sent it to me. I sincerely hope it gets huge and blooms a ton, because I am super excited. I planted it Saturday as well, so we shall see.
I love having plans and I love Saturdays with plans, but working full time has made me truly appreciate Saturdays with nothing going on. I get so much done.
In Christ
~Michelle
Labor day weekend, we bought a bed on sale for the guest room. We discovered that Queen size barely fits upstairs. I had to spackle where the bed took a gouge out of the ceiling. It also tore the piece of trim off that was covering the edge of the drywall. We finally put the trim back up and painted over the spackle. You can barely tell now.
the spackle on and drying.
Our guest room, ready for guests :)
We finally put up blinds on the main floor. We did a trial run on Friday night and then finished on Saturday.
No more fabric covered windows! :) Now I just need curtains of some kind.
I can let light in!
I also decided that our door needed painting. It was really scuffed up and dirty. But, it was also kind of boring.
Primer coat. It already looked so much better.
Eek :) here it is, my lovely blue door. I love it. Just saying.
The other day I got a big box in the mail. It was a lilac bush! :) Jenny sent it to me. I sincerely hope it gets huge and blooms a ton, because I am super excited. I planted it Saturday as well, so we shall see.
I love having plans and I love Saturdays with plans, but working full time has made me truly appreciate Saturdays with nothing going on. I get so much done.
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment