I love three day weekends. :)
The Labor Day activities were as follows.
Friday night, Nathan and I weeded the landscaping. It was pretty bad, and doesn't look much better now because in some places, there aren't really any plants left.
Saturday, We headed over to Roanoke for the reunion. It was a lot of fun. They kept asking me if I was overwhelmed. No, I'm used to five different conversations at once, crying babies, lots of kids, and tons of people packed into small rooms. :) I still don't know all of their names, but I'm getting there.
Sunday was church, day two of the reunion, and stargazing for Nathan and I. :) We loaded up the truck bed with blankets and sleeping bags and went out to the farm for about an hour. Mom and Dad invited us in for milkshakes then, and I can't say no to milkshakes. :)
Monday, We did more yard work. Yes, I followed my fathers tradition of actually laboring on Labor Day. As kids it was always yard work day around the farm. Because, we were told that was what Labor Day was for, right? I don't think any of us fell for it, though.
So, now the outside of our house looks a little more presentable. :)
Going back to work on Tuesday was difficult, and confusing (because I can never remember what day it is anyway). But, it will be nice to only have a four day week. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
The Labor Day activities were as follows.
Friday night, Nathan and I weeded the landscaping. It was pretty bad, and doesn't look much better now because in some places, there aren't really any plants left.
Saturday, We headed over to Roanoke for the reunion. It was a lot of fun. They kept asking me if I was overwhelmed. No, I'm used to five different conversations at once, crying babies, lots of kids, and tons of people packed into small rooms. :) I still don't know all of their names, but I'm getting there.
Sunday was church, day two of the reunion, and stargazing for Nathan and I. :) We loaded up the truck bed with blankets and sleeping bags and went out to the farm for about an hour. Mom and Dad invited us in for milkshakes then, and I can't say no to milkshakes. :)
Monday, We did more yard work. Yes, I followed my fathers tradition of actually laboring on Labor Day. As kids it was always yard work day around the farm. Because, we were told that was what Labor Day was for, right? I don't think any of us fell for it, though.
So, now the outside of our house looks a little more presentable. :)
Going back to work on Tuesday was difficult, and confusing (because I can never remember what day it is anyway). But, it will be nice to only have a four day week. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment