Friday, December 24, 2010

Waiting for...

Christmas!!!

Well, actually right now I'm waiting for the bathroom. yes, the bathroom. We are down to one and we have been for the past week. We're remodeling the main-floor bathroom so I get to share with Matt, Jake, and my parents. woohoo. Besides the fact that men don't know how to keep a bathroom clean :)... they also hog it. I can't wait until I get my bathroom back. Anyway... :)

We had our first Christmas this year on Tuesday. The Schlipfs came over and we had potato soup and chili. I love soup. It was good to see them. Kristina always cracks me up. I will never forget the time we played Barbie's together and she shouted "I need a man!" oh....I laughed very hard.

Tonight we had Grandpa, Grandma, and Pearl over for supper. Always a good laugh. You cannot go wrong when you have more than one Metzger girl in the same room. Tonight the topic was pants. The conversation went like so:

"Now, Lyd, at least I tell my daughter what I want for Christmas"
"I told her I wanted cotton pants."
"How's she supposed to know what kind...the stores are full of pants."
"Well, Pearl...I told her cotton pants...she must've forgot because I told her."
(now grandpa jumps in) "maybe she thought you were talking about jeans."
"NO, Carl, When a women says pants, she means pants."

And so on. :)
My poor aunt is going to buy grandma some pants and grandma wanted underwear. :)....
:) ha. I'm going to laugh so hard.

It snowed a lot tonight. It was beautiful. So, at about 11 mom and I decided to go on a walk. It was so still and peaceful. I love snow at night. I wanted to sing the Messiah at the top of my lungs...but I didn't. :)


"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."


Merry Christmas

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: