Friday, August 12, 2011

The Bride Wore White

Sunday was Ellie's wedding. It was so beautiful and they looked so cute together. The whole weekend was lovely, though exhausting. Saturday morning pictures started really early so, we all slept at Ellie's house. It was a lot of fun but kind of crazy all trying to get ready together. We took pictures at a gorgeous house in Peoria. It was extremely hot and buggy, but so much fun.

Ellie :) aww...


The adorable couple....and Ellie's gorgeous dress


The whole wedding party.

There was a four hour break between pictures and the rehearsal dinner. I'm pretty sure most of us went home and took naps. The rehearsal went great, but I think its a lot more awkward when there aren't any guests. I maybe laughed a lot. We had to walk so slow, and it feels so silly.  But, we did pretty good and we only had to run through it twice!
The rehearsal dinner was at Two25 in Peoria. I got to sit across the table from Troy and Ellie, I felt quite honored. Dean, Trent, and Wendi brought their instruments along and we sang for about a half hour.  Darcy put together a slide show, and they got there scrapbook(s). :)  The dads each gave really sweet speeches. Doug almost made me cry :(. 
It was a lovely evening.

 Aww....:)

So, Sunday was the big day.  We got ready at my grandparents condo, and drove to church so that no one would see the dresses. But, the door to the back room at church was locked and the people showing up late got to see us, until I figured out the key. Oh, well.
While we were standing around waiting to walk in, Ellie suddenly stopped and said "holymoly...I'm getting married...!" hahaha....Yes, Ellie we know that, and we've been freaking out for the past three months. :)
Walking in went really well, though they say we all looked nervous. I didn't trip. yay. 
And with in an hour all the preparation and worrying and stress and nerves and planning.... they were married. 

The reception was one of the most beautiful receptions I have ever seen. Every table was perfect.  The bridesmaids didn't have any jobs, which was nice because I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a very long time.
One of my absolute favorite pictures of Ellie :)
the very end of the reception- we all look a bit frazzled

Sigh...Away they go... Mr. and Mrs. Steffen


It all seems like such a blur now.  I don't think it has all sunk in yet...but hey, life moves on! I already moved a bunch of stuff down to my apartment and school starts in ten days...so, there really hasn't been time to mope around and wish it hadn't changed. Funny how that happens. 

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: