Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Afternoons

The weather has been absolutely wonderful lately.  The other afternoon I took advantage of the temperature and climbed the grain-leg.
The first platform


Up, and up and up


Everything looked so pretty and green


Oh, Look! I can see Eureka! :)


 Sunday evening was grandma's birthday party. She just turned 83 and she's doing great! :)
The three Metzger girls :)


Volleyball with the family

Volleyball was hilarious. The adults joined us. Really, they're not that bad, it's more how they play. :) hehe. 
Jenny and Bob are moving,  and we've been doing a lot of work at their new house. Actually, I've been mostly shelf papering. That is one of the most frustrating jobs ever! You think you have it laid nicely but there is one bubble so you try to fix it...there is a lot of screaming involved. :) Their house is looking really cute and it has an awesome yard. Just perfect for a band of little children to run wild in. :)


Ooo, and this Sunday I'll be officially moved in at U of I! I'm not really looking forward to thinking... :P


In Christ
~Michelle

6 comments:

Jenny said...

"band of little children"... I don't like the sound of that. Unless of course, you're talking about when your wild chilluns come over to play.

Michelle said...

ha! my children will be little angels, you won't even know their there ;)

Jenny said...

they're. not their. If you're going to U of I, better brush up on your grammar. :)

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on your posts. I am so thankful that you are following on the path that God is leading you. Have a blessed year. Love to Laura from me:)

I enjoyed them all. Laughed hard at the vacation one and prayed in the 50th one.

Was fun to see the wedding pics and wish that you would label the one with all the attendants:)
Love, AK

Michelle said...

thanks for your prayers :) everything is going great so far.

Michelle said...

psh...whatever jenny... your just jealous you can't be down here.