Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Power Outage

We started "family dinners" here at the Upper Room. Katie and I cooked supper tonight. It wasn't that exciting, just spaghetti, but it turned out pretty good.

As we were cleaning up the power went out. At first we thought maybe we tripped a breaker or something, but it was our whole apartment. Our downstairs neighbor knocked on our door, to see if we'd also lost power. She went to go check with the basement apartment and came back to tell us that the houses all around us were without power. So, to kill time we showed her though the upstairs and we checked out her apartment. Laura told us she'd heard from Brown House and Rachel and Tess and they were also out. People in town don't know how to deal without electricity. They just stand in the middle of the street with dazed expressions on their faces.

The power came back on with in an hour, which was great because it was getting really hot in our apartment. I don't know what I would do without air conditioning.

We chalked the Quad last night for FreeBibleNow.org, but I'm pretty sure it rained last night and washed it all off.

Right now, I'm putting off writing a speech as long as I possibly can. How bad is this...week #2 of school and I already don't care about my grades!

In Christ
~Michelle

3 comments:

Jenny said...

wimp... we never had air conditioning at 709 and we survived. :)

Michelle said...

:P we are upstairs it makes it worse

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting there! Tell Laura hi! Have a blessed week. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
A. K.