Two weeks ago after Wendi told me she was engaged, I bought plane tickets to California with her, Kendra, and Hannah, and Breana flew in from Indiana and surprised her family. I flew out on the 26th through the 31st and stayed with the Wagenbachs. It was a short trip but totally worth it.
Sunday we went to church in San Diego, walked around the Poway lake, and played volleyball after church with the Fulops. We stayed up somewhat late talking around the outdoor fire place.
Monday was memorial day. We spent the day at the Torrey Pines State Park beach. It was so beautiful and rugged. In the evening some of Lillian's family came over and we ate wonderful food and took a long walk down their driveway and back up again.
Tuesday was once again spent at the beach. We were thoroughly fried so, Wednesday we just went shopping, out to eat for lunch, and cooked supper before church that evening. After church, we went out for frozen yogurt. It was incredible.
We stayed up late talking and I bid my farewells. Thursday morning I got up early and Lillian took me to the airport. I wish I could have stayed longer but, on such short notice I'm just glad I got to go at all. :)
It was a great trip to spend much needed time with great friends and take my last trip with Wendi before she falls off the face of the earth or floats away in the clouds...either way. ;) I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and that the Wagenbach's were willing to let four girls crash at their house for a week.
We weren't always quiet. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
Sunday we went to church in San Diego, walked around the Poway lake, and played volleyball after church with the Fulops. We stayed up somewhat late talking around the outdoor fire place.
Beautiful day at the lake
Washington girls
Cuddled up by the fire
Monday was memorial day. We spent the day at the Torrey Pines State Park beach. It was so beautiful and rugged. In the evening some of Lillian's family came over and we ate wonderful food and took a long walk down their driveway and back up again.
the beautiful Torrey Pines beach :)
Wendi, me, Kendra, Hannah...the four travelers
view from the Wagenbach's house
Moonlight beach
cooking supper :)
All the girls :)
(this is a terrible picture, sadly it is the only one with all of us)
frozen yogurt
We stayed up late talking and I bid my farewells. Thursday morning I got up early and Lillian took me to the airport. I wish I could have stayed longer but, on such short notice I'm just glad I got to go at all. :)
Beautiful view of the Grand Canyon from the air.
We weren't always quiet. :)
In Christ
~Michelle
2 comments:
I love the ( Beautiful day at the lake)
Torrey Pines beach... my favorite!
Post a Comment