Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apple River Weekend

The young group was kind enough to let Nathan and I join them for the weekend in Apple River. 
It was great being able to share what has been a part of my young group day for nine years now. (yes, nine years! I hardly can believe it)

Saturday's events: Tanner's Apple Orchard, hiking, nursing home singing, eating, singing, and games

most of the girls on the trip

us :)

watching the rock-climbing

Sunday's events: Church at the chapel and relaxing at the park.


:) cousins. friends. :)

I made Nathan pose in front of the church

I seriously think this is one of the most beautiful places in Illinois

the chapel

trying to scare a fish

by the river

When we sang at the nursing home family members sang along, the residents cried and sang, and an old man took off his hat. It was so wonderful to see smiles on their faces. I think we are one of the only groups who ever sings for them.  When we sang at the hotel and at the park, people would walk by and stop, and sometimes sing along. And, we were reminded again in church on Sunday to "dare to be different". I know we must have looked quite strange to some, but to others we made their day. It was just a reminder of how a simple thing can really bless others. 


It was an absolutely wonderful weekend. It was such a blessing to be there.  

In Christ
~Michelle

No comments: