Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ned's 21st and other weekend things

Last weekend was Ned's 21st and in celebration of that great event we threw him a surprise party complete with a keg of root beer. :)

famous Ned quote posted on the keg


All of the guys enjoying their frosty mugs
After Ned's birthday was properly celebrated we sent the kids out side for an Easter egg hunt.
Kebe and Shena
it was my first time meeting these two adorable girls
Kendra giving Little Miss her first horsey ride :)


Cecily staring Ned down :)
It was a great day. Cousins, good food, and root beer.


Saturday evening was communion. We were reminded of Christ's sacrifice for us. It was a sobering night, even though there are always a few humorous moments where I nearly loose it.

Sunday afternoon I went cemetery tromping with my parents and Matt. We had to hike through a cow pasture and cross a creek somewhere in the hills of Congerville to find the Cemetery. We were looking for graves of my great-great-great-great...someone. Old cemeteries actually are pretty cool. And I found out that I'm related to a lot more people than I thought I was.

Checking out some tombstones
A different Noah Schrock

:( aw.
PS- Jenny I think you should name your second daughter Cordelia :)
Anyway, yes we are strange. Kegs of root beer and Cemetery snooping and all. :) It was a good weekend.

In Christ
~Michelle

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think we'll leave Cordelia for you.

You should send me your pictures from Ned's party.

Michelle said...

Aw. can't you just hear it. Cecily and Cordelia Koch :) hehehe