Monday, April 16, 2012

when the week seems more relaxing than the weekend

Last weekend was, as you know Easter, but it was also Brooke's personal shower. Wendi, Kendra and I drove out to Princeville for a night of games, skits, and tons of laughter. 
my skit.  We're pretending to be Brooke and
 Kory on their 50th Anniversary.
"My lifetime doth pass away...." :)
 This weekend I stayed down in Urbana for Friday.  Saturday morning, really early, the U of I yg met and drove to West Lafayette to College Weekend.
We met Teira's parents from Oregon and ate breakfast at Panera before going to the church.


It was a wonderful day. The theme was Unity Matters.  Each speaker had a different topic that tied in to how unity is necessary within a body of believers. It was a great reminder and left all of us with a lot to think about.


 That night I drove back home with three other girls. Belinda spent the night. We actually didn't get to sleep too late. In the morning we drove to Princeville for Brooke and Kory's wedding. It was so sweet. Brooke could not stop smiling. Which is not surprising.
Awww...
I was a waitress first shift. yay. We actually didn't have to pour drinks so, I didn't spill anything! 
I got to see so many people I knew. Some of my friends from Oakville, Cissna, Princeville (of course), and I got to see Larissa and Troy and Ellie. :) It was great.


some of the table waitresses with Brooke
After my shift ended at the reception, I drove back home. Bob, Jenny and Cecily were waiting for me. :) Aaa :) I have the cutest little niece in the whole world! 
Anyway, Steve and Renee and their kids came over for supper. They showed us their pictures of their trip to Guatemala and we sat around laughing at Cecily.


I finally headed back to the apartment later than I'm used to. It was raining really hard. I hate passing semis in the rain. Everyone was driving really slowly. But, I got back safely. 
And I actually got more sleep last night than I did all weekend. I can't wait until summer.


In Christ
~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the update. love you. K.